Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chicken Casserole with Stuffing



An American Classic!

Ingredients:
Chicken tenders (about a pound)
Cream of mushroom soup
Mixed vegetables
Half-dead mushrooms ;) (optional)
Stove Top Stuffing
Sour cream



Pour the stuffing into a bowl.



Next, poor 1 1/2 cups water into the bowl and mix the stuffing. Set aside while you do the rest of the work.



I had some mushrooms in the fridge that needed to get eaten pronto so I sliced them up.



I also happened to have about 1/3 cup of sour cream. I bet you can make this even without the sour cream.



Pour the cream of mushroom soup into the sour cream and mix together.



Cut the chicken tenders into bite-sized pieces and put in a 2 quart casserole dish that's been sprayed with cooking spray.



Add the soup mixture.



Mushrooms want to go into the party!



Then I added about 2 cups of mixed vegetables.



Mix all of that up.



Finally, top it with the stuffing. I cooked mine in a 375-degree oven for about 50 minutes. Make sure your chicken is done.



When it comes out it's kind of crispy and beautiful!



Dig in!

No comments: