Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sesame Chicken Tenders



This was seriously so good I need to put it into regular rotation! And it was all done on a spur of the moment.

Sesame Chicken Tenders Featuring New York Riesling!

I did a Google search for "chicken tenders recipe" and found this one on cooks.com.



It's very easy. A quarter cup of toasted sesame seeds goes into a big bowl.



A quarter cup of soy sauce follows.



2 teaspoons of brown sugar are next.



Next comes the ginger. Personally, I find fresh ginger to be a pain in the ass most of the time so I use the jarred stuff. Honestly, in something like this it's just as good really.



2 teaspoons of this, too.



I didn't have any sherry so I decided to gamble and open the bottle of Riesling a friend gave us from New York. He had given this to us about 4 years ago, if you can imagine.



Hmmm...



Still good! So let's add 2 teaspoons to the bowl.



Add some freshly ground pepper.



Thinly slice two green onions. (I'm seriously sensing a theme of "2" here in this recipe.)



Now - guess how many! - 2 garlic cloves, chopped, go into the bowl.



The recipe calls for chicken breasts but I used tenders.



Cut them into bite-sized pieces and add them to the bowl.



My hands were already chicken-y messy so I just used them to mix the chicken with the marinade.



Let it sit in the marinade in the refrigerator for at least an hour. Then put the whole thing on a cookie sheet and under the broiler for 7 minutes.



Turn them over and cook them for another 5 minutes, or until done. You'll want to get them before they get crispy but cooked.



Delicioso!

No comments: