Friday, January 4, 2008

Chicken Stroganoff with Rosemary Bread



As I was eating this it occurred to me that I should have made a green vegetable to go with the meal but plain forgot. The stroganoff was so good, though, that I ate two servings which is very rare for me these days. I loved it! The recipe is a keeper. I tweaked it from a recipe I found on the internet (of course).

CHICKEN STROGANOFF

3 chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
2 tbsp. butter
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 c. onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (4 oz.) drained mushrooms
1 c. sour cream
1 (8 oz.) pkg. farfalle (bowtie) pasta

Prepare noodles. Brown chicken lightly in butter; set to one side. Add garlic and onion; cook until lightly browned and tender. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour tomato sauce into bowl; stir in sour cream gradually then mix in mushrooms. Pour over the chicken, add cooked pasta, cover and simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.

No comments: