Saturday, February 16, 2008

Pork Tenderloin



My parents came to our house for dinner and brought a loaf of jalapeño-cheese bread. Inspired, I made a southwest rub for pork tenderloin:

freshly ground white pepper
kosher salt
chili powder
oregano
garlic powder
onion powder
cumin
cayenne

I eyeballed the amounts. I will say the cumin and especially cayenne were in smaller quantities than the rest. I rubbed it all over the pork tenderloin. Then, I heated about 1 tablespoon canola oil in a dutch oven. I browned the tenderloin on all sides, added some onions cut into small wedges to the pan, and put it into an oven heated to 375 degrees for about 35 minutes.

It was really good and the onions were really good as well! I added corn on the cob because I had some in the freezer.

This was great because the whole day I was agonizing over what to make but due to something my dad brought I was able to think of a good dinner!

No comments: