Saturday, December 15, 2007
I made my peanut butter chocolate cookies for the Cookie Party tonight. I had to make 12 dozen. Wow!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Blasts of Yumminess
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Reese's Pieces
1 cup peanut butter chips
Reese's miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into peanut butter mixture.
4. Mix in the Reese's Pieces and peanut butter chips.
5. Form by the tablespoonful into your hand. Smoosh a peanut butter cup into the bottom middle of the cookie. Lay on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Smash lightly with the bottom of a glass (I use a ramekin). You may want to cover the bottom of the glass with plastic wrap for less sticking.
6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes on sheet before removing then cool on racks.