Saturday, October 27, 2007
I think I have created the cookies. You know, the ultimate cookies. The cookies I can confidently bring to our annual cookie party. And, because I am generous, I will share the recipe.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Caramel Cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped caramel squares
24 miniature peanut butter cups
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
3. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into peanut butter mixture.
4. Mix in the chocolate chips and caramel pieces.
5. Form into "patties". Press a peanut butter cup into the bottom of the cookie. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 10 minutes (I had the convection fan on). Let cool for a few minutes on sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Notes: I cut caramel squares into sixths. I may cut them into thirds next time given the size of the cookie. Also, take care not to let the caramel pieces stick to each other too much.